Key : 1(b), 2(b), 3(d), 4(a), 5(b), 6(c), 7(b), 8(b), 9(b)
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
1. What was the name of the teacher?
(a) Mr. Ratcold (b) Mr. Ratburn (c) Mr. Ratfun (d) Mr. Ratfur
2. What was the homework given to the class?
(a) to write about their summer vacation
(b) to write about their country
(c) to write about their families
(d) to write about the school
3. Where did Francine go during the summer?
(a) around the world (b) to Disney World (c) to tennis camp (d) to Egypt
4. What does 'fib' mean ?
(a) truth (b) lie (c) game (d) play
5. What was the name of Arthur's new baby sister?
(a) baby D.W. (b) baby Arthur (c) baby sister (d) baby Kate
6. Where did Binky go during summers ?
(a) around the world (b) to Disney World (c) to tennis camp (d) to computer camp
7. Who went around the world on a ship in summers ?
(a) Muffy (b) Brain (c) Francine (d) Buster
8. What did Francine win in the tennis camp?
(a) a silver medal (b) a gold medal (c) a silver cup (d) a gold cup
9. Who visited White House in summers?
(a) Francine (b) Muffy (c) Buster (d) Binky
10. Where did Arthur go on Sundays during the summer holidays ?
(a) to the beach (b) to the library (c) to the basketball camp (d) to the tennis camp
Key : 1(b), 2(a), 3(c), 4(b), 5(d), 6(b), 7(a), 8(d), 9(c), 10(a)
Sunday, July 11, 2010
1. What was the colour of Franklin's Blanket?
(a) green (b) red (c) blue (d) purple
2. Where did Franklin keep his blanket usually ?
(a) on the bed (b) in top drawer (c) on the floor (d) on the table
3. What did Franklin's papa give him when Franklin was not able to find his blanket?
(a) a new blanket (b) his old yellow blanket (c) an old sweater (d) a toy
4. Where did Franklin go in search of his blanket? Put in correct sequence.
(a) to the fox (b) to the Beaver (c) to the Bear
5. Where was Franklin's blanket found?
(a) under the bed (b) under the table (c) under the chair (d) on the table
6. What came out of the blanket ?
(a) brussels sprouts (b) spinach (c) cabbage (d) nuts
7. What does 'amazement' mean?
(a) happy (b) excited (c) sad (d) surprised
8. What didn't Franklin's mother like to eat?
(a) cabbage (b) spinach (c) brussels sprouts (d) broccoli
9. What didn't Franklin's father like to eat?
(a) cabbage (b) asparagus (c) broccoli (d) brussels sprouts
10. What did Beaver give Franklin when Franklin was looking for his blanket?
(a) his own blanket (b) a new blanket (c) his Teddy (d) a new toy
Key : 1 (c), 2(b), 3 (b), 4 (c,a,b), 5(c), 6(a), 7(d), 8(d), 9(b), 10 (c)
These days children are reading plethora of story books. To encourage effective reading among children, I have started quizzing my children on the books they read. Since I am making these multiple-choice questions on the books they are reading, thought of sharing it here so that other children can be benefitted from these too.
Title : The Magic Fish
Author : Freya LittleDale
1. Where did the old fisherman and his wife live?
(a) a house (b) a palace (c) a log hut (d) an old hut
2. Who was the fish really?
(a) a magic lady (b) a prince (c) a queen (d) a king
3. What was the first wish of the fisherman's wife ?
(a) a pretty house (b) a castle (c) to be queen of the land (d) none of these
4. Which fisherman's wife's wish was not fulfilled by the fish?
(a) to have a castle
(b) to be the queen of the land
(c) to be the queen of the sun, the moon and the stars
(d) to have a pretty house
5. What was the color of the magic fish?
(a) red (b) blue (c) yellow (d) orange
6. Who accompanied the fisherman everytime he went to the sea to ask a wish from the magic fish?
(a) his cat (b) his dog (c) his wife (d) his pig
KEY : 1 (d), 2 (b), 3 (a), 4(c), 5(c), 6(b)
Happy Quiz Time !!!
Stay tuned for more quizzes, more fun...
Friday, July 2, 2010
Not one more not even one less, just six bangles
No time, day or year makes any change in the bangles
They remain there the same six gold bangles
The first ever sound of this world that I realized
Perhaps the only sound in this world that I recognized
First sound which seeps into my ears with the promise of dawn
Also the last sound which soothes me down till my last yawn
I may not pay attention to them keenly during the day
But I'm sure they are very much there in my life day after day
I can feel them working in the temple getting ready to pray
I know they are silent asking for beautiful God's ray
They accompany her in the kitchen, adding flavor in our lives
Working diligently with pans, plates, cookers, dishes and knives
Sure there is some great magic that they weave in our lives
For she is the charioteer and the household she drives
They get silent for brief spells when they are peering into a book
But sometimes they are very swift when she has a worried look
Sometimes they are very rhythmic, oh! Ironing work they took
Random arrhythmic sounds convey some insect got a shook
If I join them in groups, all in all they make three pairs
They are beautiful wherever they are, no not elsewhere
The solace that I hear from them, I dare not compare
My world is safe, my world is secure I know they are there